This is the webpage of the Palestinian Advanced Physics School 2019, to be held at Birzeit University, 14th – 18th July 2019. Applications are closed.
Venue (see map):
Said Khoury Development Studies Building
Registration will start at 10.30 on July 14th, and the opening ceremony will begin at 11.30.
The aim of the school is to provide advanced undergraduate and master level students with an overview of exciting recent developments in modern physics, not normally included in the regular curriculum. Accommodation will be provided free of charge for students who are travelling to attend.
Lectures are given by internationally recognised experts on a variety of topics, ranging from cosmology to quantum optics to electron microscopy. Through collaborative problem solving sessions, discussion groups, and social events, students will interact with lecturers and organisers.
PAPS 2019 will also include sessions on “Opportunities in Academia”, such as applying for Ph.D. programs, postdoctoral jobs, etc.
- Topics in Modern Cosmology — Prof. Anne-Christine Davis, University of Cambridge
- Atomic resolution electron microscopy: insight into the quantum properties of materials using relativistic electrons — Prof. Dr. Rafal E. Dunin-Borkowski, Research Center Jülich and RWTH Aachen University
- Semiconductor quantum optics — Prof. Dr. Beata Kardynał, Research Center Jülich and RWTH Aachen University
- String theory — Dr. Nabil Iqbal, Durham University
The school will also include some additional talks:
- An introduction to the German-Palestinian Science Bridge by Prof. Dr. Ghaleb Natour
- Two astronomy talks by Hannah Dalgleish
- CVs, cover letters, emails etc.
Applications are now closed. Everyone should have heard from us about the outcome of their application.
The target audience for the school is advanced physics undergraduates and Master students at universities in Palestine.
- Prof. Abdallah Sayyed-Ahmad, Birzeit University
Scientists For Palestine Schools Organizing Committee:
- Hannah Dalgleish, Liverpool John Moores University
- Prof. Anne-Christine Davis, University of Cambridge
- Dr. Nabil Iqbal, Durham University
- Muath Natsheh, New York University
- Sameh Othman, Birzeit University
- Dr. M. C. David Marsh, Stockholm University
- Dr. Thomas Van Riet, KU Leuven
If you have any questions and would like to get in touch, please email us email@example.com.