A Conversation with Palestinian Colleagues on the infringements on the rights to science and education of the Palestinian people.
Saturday, September 26 at 8PM Palestine Time/1PM Eastern Daylight Time
We invite you to join us for a webinar discussing the various impediments to higher education and research facing Palestinians within the context of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, covering the practical barriers at various functional levels of higher education, up to and including the arbitrary detention of Palestinian academics. Presentation will include a recent paper from the Bisan Center, “The Obstacles of Scientific Research in Palestine”.
You can watch the live stream here:
Joining us are:
- Duha Barghouthi, medical student at Al-Quds University and daughter of imprisoned astrophysicist Imad Barghouthi
- Hanan Husein, acting director of the Bisan Center for Research and Development
- Carmen Kishek, information & publications officer at Birzeit University and collaborator with the Right to Education Campaign
- Prof. Rana Samara, associate professor, Agricultural Sciences and Technology at Palestine Technical University – Kadoorie
- Moderated by Prof. Haynes Miller, Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology